For me may not lack a Christmas baked apples. These simply are Christmas cuisine.
Even as a child I loved baked apples and for me it was always something special when it was baked apple to the holidays. After all, it was they actually only at Christmas.
There is the baked apple in many different variants. I have for you today a modified form of the classic recipe. I can promise you, however, that the hazelnut is delicious baked apple.
2 tart apples (as Boskop) halved
4 tsp lemon juice
2 egg whites
2 tsp cinnamon
Maple syrup to sweeten
80g ground hazelnuts
1. First, preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
2. Remove the apple cores with a small knife and rub with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
3. Place the apples with the cut side down on a baking sheet and cook in the preheated oven in the bottom third for about 10 minutes.
4. In the meantime, egg whites with the hand mixer until stiff, add cinnamon and a little maple syrup depending on the desired sweetness slowly.
5. Subsequently, the ground hazelnuts fold.
6. Remove the apples from the oven and spread the hazelnut mixture on top.
7. Apples again put in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown baked.
8. Serve the baked apples once.