Buyer of salmon raises mainly the question whether wild salmon aquaculture is better. Fish from wild appears only once to match Paleo. But from an environmental perspective it is quite alarming to buy his wild salmon, which is under threat from extinction. Therefore it is recommended to buy only wild salmon with the seal of the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) for sustainable fishing of wild stocks. However, even the MSC label is not a guarantee for sustainable fishing and is in many ecologists and oceanographers in the criticism of being too lax. But the salmon aquaculture feeding with fishmeal and the use of antibiotics is due to its mass production, and certainly not recommended.
How do the salmon comes, you realize on the labeling. The fishing area, so if it comes to fish from aquaculture or wild caught in the sea or in freshwater should be apparent to you. The designations wild salmon and white-water salmon can be misleading. Wild salmon is fished in the wild, whitewater salmon however, comes from large fish farms where the fish grow in running water.
For the salmon:
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 tsp honey
½ tsp sea salt
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon pepper
450g salmon fillet
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 ½ cups ground almonds
1 tablespoon sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
For the guacamole:
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
½ tsp sea salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1. Except for the salmon and the oil and mix all the ingredients for the salmon in a shallow bowl.
2. Place the fish in the marinade and turn it several times, so that it is well coated from all sides.
3. let the salmon covered for about 30 minutes in the marinade.
4. Grate Meanwhile carrots and cucumber and prepare the avocado cream.
5. For the avocado cream onion finely chop, cut chilies into narrow rings and squeeze lime juice.
6. Put the ingredients for the guacamole in a bowl, season with pepper and salt and mix well.
7. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
8. Stir the Tortillateig in a bowl and divide the dough into 8 equal portions and shape it into balls.
9. Place the balls in succession between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out with a rolling pin to about 3 mm thick patties.
10. Place the tortillas gently onto a lined with baking paper baking sheet and bake for about 18 minutes in the oven. Turn halfway through the baking time.
11. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the salmon in it on each side for 3 to 4 minutes.
12. Cut the salmon into 8 pieces and arrange on the tortillas along with cucumber, carrots and avocado cream.